Monday, January 23, 2012

Super Easy Bars

So I was eating some club crackers tonight and they made me think of some really yummy bars I had once a long time ago. I looked online to try and find a recipe that sounded like the bars I wanted. I couldn't find anything so I called my mom for the recipe but the one she had still wasn't quite what I was thinking of. I then resorted to making up my own recipe. That is the reason for the name of the bars. I don't know if this recipe already exists so I made up a name. If anyone has made these before and there is a real name for them please let me know! :)

My Super Easy Bars

Here is what you will need









1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter
1 tsp vanilla
48 Club crackers
1/2 bag mini chocolate chips

Lay out the club crackers on a well greased 12x16 cookie sheet. In a sauce pan melt the butter and then add the brown sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for a minute or two. Take off the heat and add vanilla. Pour mixture over the crackers and spread evenly. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and then place in the oven and bake for 8-10 min at 350°. Let cool and then enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy!

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really happy with how they turned out. I took some to work today and everyone enjoyed them so I think I am going to put this with my favorite recipes. :)

      Delete
  2. Yum - These look great! I love that there are only a few ingredients! Happy Dance!

    I'm a new follower - looking forward to seeing what you post!

    Cheers! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean I love recipes that have only a few ingredients!

      Delete