Friday, February 17, 2012

Grocery Store Sugar Cookie Recipe

Do you love those grocery store cookies as much as I do? I was on Pinterest the other day and found this recipe for cookies. The recipe said they were supposed to taste like the cookies you get at the grocery store so I had to give them a try! I made them today and they turned out really good!

The recipe suggests rolling out the dough on the plastic wrap that you refrigerate the dough in. Way less mess this way!
I made my cookies about 2 in around instead of the 2 1/2 in around that they suggest.
I got 6 1/2 dozen cookies out of one batch!
I am going to freeze a bunch for later.
So Yummy!!!
I'm Linking up with



Photobucket
Stuff and Nonsense




I Heart Nap Time

11 comments:

  1. Oh man! I'm gonna have to try these! I love those cookies more than anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to! I was so excited to find the recipe.

      Delete
  2. My husband is going to thank you forever and ever! These are his favorite :) Lol, don't you love it when your guy would rather pick up store-bought baked goods than enjoy the ones you MAKE? Sigh. This is my life.

    Those look great!

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like our husbands are similar. When ever I make a new recipes my husband is always questioning me about what is in it. :) If it is from the store he is less skeptical.
      They are so Yummy! I don't want to admit how many I have eaten already.;)

      Delete
  3. My kids love these cookies. I will have to try it. Also, love the name of your blog, I have 4 kids and love a good deal. I'm your newest follower. Come check out my blog at http://www.applesandpnutbutter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be trying those!! They look really yummy! Thanks for linking up over at SweetTalkin' Sunday Linky Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog through the Sweet Talk Shop! I adore the frosting/sprinkle colors!! Will try the recipe asap! Jina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! They are well worth trying in my opinion.:)

      Delete
  6. These look so good! Thanks for sharing it with Six Sister's Stuff Link Party. We hope to see you back next Saturday!
    -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great recipe. Did they freeze well?

    Thanks so much for joining in with my weekly Pinning & Singing party. I hope you will be able to link up another Pinterest inspired post this weekend!

    Best wishes.
    Natasha In Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting it and yes they froze really well! I have already used some of the frozen ones.:)

      Delete