Saturday, February 11, 2012

DIY Fabric Flower

I was looking around on Pinterest today and found this tutorial for making fabric flowers. They were so cute I just had to give them a try! This is the website I found them on but I did modify mine just slightly.

I used a shot glass to trace around because I did not want the flower to get to big. Also, I cut 9 circles total. I made one smaller to replace the piece of the felt used in the original instructions because I didn't have any. 
I used scrap fabric I had laying around.
I thought one of these would look cute with it.
My happy little helper. :)
She wasn't so happy to try it on.
A bath and some food and she is happier again. :)
I am really happy with how this turned out!
I think I am going to be using up a lot more of my scrap fabric in the near future.



I'm linking up with
I Heart Nap Time
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love it!!! I've made those and never thought to add the bling, what a great idea!! Your little model is adorable!!! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thats the sweetest headband ever! Love that color blue....I hope you will link up with me here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2012/02/sweet-saturday-link-party-v26.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thank you for telling me about your link party!

      Delete
  3. That flower turned out super cute! I'm going to have to give it a try! And Thanks for linking up to Six Sister's Link party. We hope to see you back there next Saturday!
    -The Sister's

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a divine idea! Your little model look so cute in her new headband. She has the most beautiful eyes!

    Thanks so much for joining in with my Pinterest Party!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ Five Minutes for Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was hoping she would have blue eyes...looks like I got my wish!

      Delete