Thursday, February 2, 2012

Baby Blanket

I finally finished it! I finally finished a baby blanket I started making over 3 years ago! Wow! That took way to long.:) I cut the pieces 3 years ago and then never sewed them together. I started sewing the pieces when I was pregnant and just finally decided to work on it again today. It really only took me about 2 hours so why didn't I just finish the first time I started it? Who knows. :)

Here are some pictures of the finished product. It is by no means perfect but I still think it looks cute. :)

The fabric for the squares is made from scrap pieces I bought at a fabric outlet. The back is a large piece of white fabric I bought at a fabric store that was moving so everything was really cheap. The best part is that it is SUPER soft.




I'm linking up with Stuff and nonsense
and
Tip Junkie handmade projects

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable blanket, you did such an awesome job! I love the fabric and colors! It's a perfect cuddle blanket -you can see how soft it is in the pics! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Drea! Thanks for visiting me and for your nice words. Wow, such a cute blanket! Lovely colors, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is adorable. I am having fun looking at all of your recent posts

    Ashley
    www.TheThriftyWife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so soft and yummy! I love minky fabric :) Good for you for finishing it! Want to come over and finish the 27,000 projects I have stashed in my closet? Lol. It's going to take me a while!

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know what you mean about unfinished projects! I have so many things to do. Like the nursery curtains...:) Maybe those will be next.

      Delete