Monday, March 12, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce Recipe #3

This is the really yummy recipe I was saying I found recently. I made it the other night and my husband LOVED it! He doesn't always get so enthusiastic about new recipes so I was excited to find another recipe he loves and I also love. Yay!


Sorry I didn't get any pictures before half of it was devoured.:)

The Recipe:
Stuffed Jumbo Shells
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 box jumbo shells  
1/4 t fresh ground black pepper
1 lb ground beef        
1/8t ground nutmeg
2 T oil                                        
1 egg 
1 bag baby spinach(optional)   
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup finely chopped onion   
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 clove garlic, minced           
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 t salt (I would do a little less)
1/3 cup water from cooking the pasta

1. Cook the pasta shells according to the package directions.
2. Brown the ground beef.
3. Add oil, spinach, onion, garlic, pasta water, and cook for 10min. Stir occasionally. 
4. Add seasoning. Stir and then let cool.
5. Add egg and parmesan cheese.
6. Poor 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Fill shells with meat mixture and line up in pan. Cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and then cover with tin foil.
7. Bake for 30 min or until heated through.
8. Enjoy!!
*I served garlic toast and salad with it when I made this recipe.

Check back on Thursday for the next recipe using spaghetti sauce.

I'm linking up with
 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment